1) Cook the cauliflower in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until tender to the tip of a knife, 5-6 minutes.
2) Drain well and refresh in iced water. Drain again and pat dry.
3) Toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan set over a medium heat until hot. Swirl and shake occasionally until golden-brown and aromatic. Tip out onto a plate.
4) Whisk together the lemon juice, mustard, honey, and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until the dressing is thick and emulsified.
5) Arrange the cauliflower and avocado on serving plates, topped with the pine nuts, parsley leaves, and thyme.
6) Spoon over the dressing and serve immediately with a garnish of lemon zest.
- 1 large pink cauliflower, prepared into large florets
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, finely pared and sliced
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 110 ml olive oil
- 2 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly torn
- 3 - 4 young thyme sprigs, roughly torn salt
- freshly ground black pepper