This bubbly and fun recipe from The Organised Housewife is the perfect way to spend time with the kids these school holidays.
School holidays start in most states next week, I love having the kids at home, filling the house with laughter, music and more! School holidays are a great opportunity for the kids to wind down and relax after a busy school term, allowing their minds to tune out of school and learning for a brief moment.
Here are a few ways you can entertain the kids at home these holidays:
I really like cooking with my kids, it’s a really lovely way to spend time together, they are learning a great life skill and I can also help them understand some elements of math too, like weight, fractions and temperature. My kids enjoy making as well as eating these Rice Bubble Choc Chip Biscuits, it’s colourful and crunchy!
Discover more hints, tips and ideas here.
Written by Katrina Springer – The Organised Housewife
Kat has a passion for organising and baking. She shows how she manages her home, family and more via her blog The Organised Housewife, one of Australia’s most popular parenting blogs. Kat inspires and helps her readers to create systems and routines from organisation to cleaning, sharing how she stays in control at home through cleaning tips, organising ideas, family friendly recipes, printable charts and more.
- 150g butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1/4 cup choc chips
- 2 cups rice bubbles
- 1 cup rice bubbles, extra
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease or line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- Add flour, coconut and chocolate chips, mix slowly until just combined.
- Gently stir through 2 cups of rice bubbles.
- Place remaining 1 cup of rice bubbles into a bowl.
- Roll tablespoons of biscuit mixture into a ball, then roll over rice bubbles to coat, place on prepared tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.