1. Put the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook the eggs for 4 minutes then drain and transfer to four egg cups.
2. Meanwhile, brush the asparagus with olive oil and cook in a smoking hot griddle pan for 4 minutes, turning occasionally. It's ready when tender to the point of a knife and a little charred around the edges.
3. Slice the top off the eggs with a sharp knife and wrap each asparagus spear with half a slice of ham. Serve immediately.
- 4 large eggs
- 12 spears asparagus, woody ends snapped off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 slices parma ham, cut in half