1. For the biscuits: Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir well.
2. Beat the butter in a separate mixing bowl with an electric mixer until pale and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the sugar and continue to beat until fluffy and pale, about 2 minutes.
3. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated and the dough can be pinched together with your fingertips.
4. Turn out the dough and shape it into a disc. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 1 hour.
5. After chilling, preheat the oven to 170°C (150° fan) | 325F | gas 3. Grease and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Let the dough warm at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before rolling out on a lightly floured surface into a large round approximately 1/2 cm | 1/4" thick.
7. Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes from the dough. Arrange on the baking tray, slightly spaced apart.
8. Bake until firm and set, about 16-20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
9. For the puddings: Sprinkle the gelatine over a small bowl of the cold water. Let stand for 5 minutes until bloomed.
10. Combine the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over a moderate heat. Remove from the heat and whisk in the gelatine water until dissolved.
11. Whisk the yoghurt in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually whisk in the warm cream mixture until fully incorporated.
12. Arrange a biscuit in the base of four individual ramekins. Arrange some wild strawberries on top and then crush a few biscuits, sprinkling them on top of the strawberries; reserve some strawberries and biscuits for the garnish.
13. Ladle over the yoghurt and cream mixture. Cover and chill until set, about 4 hours.
14. When ready to serve, run a knife around the insides of each ramekin. Invert the puddings onto plates and serve with the remaining biscuits, wild strawberries, and a dusting of cocoa powder.
1 hr to prep, 5 hrs to chill
- For the biscuits:
- 200 g | 1 1/2 cups plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 60 g | 1/2 cup cocoa powder, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 240 g | 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120 g | 1/2 cup caster sugar
- For the dessert:
- 2 1/4 tsp powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 250 ml double cream
- 80 g | 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 475 g | 2 cups plain Greek yoghurt
- 225 g | 1 1/2 cups wild strawberries, hulled