1. For the tomato salad: Stir together the tomatoes, olive oil, vinegar, and rosemary in a mixing bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and set aside until needed.
2. For the burgers: Preheat the grill to a high temperature.
3. Combine the beef mince with 1 tsp salt in a large mixing bowl, sprinkling the salt evenly over the beef. Scrunch together with your hands to combine.
4. Divide into four even portions and shape into patties between your hands; leave a thumb imprint in each patty.
5. Arrange the patties on a grilling tray and brush with the melted butter on both sides. Season with some freshly ground black pepper.
6. Grill for 6-8 minutes, turning frequently, until firm to the touch with a spring. Remove from the grill and cover loosely with aluminium foil. Toast the buns under the grill if desired.
7. To assemble, spread the bottom halves of the buns with mustard. Sit the patties on top and spread them with a smear of goats' cheese.
8. Top the goats' cheese with tomato slices and lettuce leaves. Position the tops of the buns on top to complete and serve with the tomato salad on the side.
- 4 - 5 medium to large heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small handful rosemary, torn
- freshly ground black pepper
- 600 g beef mince, at least 15% fat
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 wholemeal buns, split in half
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 175 g | 1 cup soft goats' cheese
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves, e. g. Romaine or Cos
Valentine's Day Dinner Inspired By Romantic Movies
Chicken Curry with Vegetables
Scallops With Saffron Sauce
Spaghetti And Meatballs
Vanilla Ice Cream