1. Combine the beans and the stock in a saucepan. Bring to a rapid simmer over a moderate heat before cooking over a low heat until the beans are tender and creamy, about 20 minutes; stir from time to time.
2. Once the beans are ready, season with a little salt and pepper. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
3. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan set over a high heat until hot. Season the prawns with salt and pepper before adding to the pan and sautéing until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan to a dish.
4. Add the olive oil to the pan followed by the onions, peppers, and a generous pinch of salt. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened and starting to colour. Sprinkle over the spices and cook for a further minute or so.
5. Return the prawns to the pan along with the chopped coriander, stirring well to combine. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
6. Working one by one, warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan set over a medium heat.
7. Fill each with the prawns and vegetables and serve with the beans on the side.
- 475 g | 2 cups canned black beans, drained
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 450 g | 3 cups fresh prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 large handful coriander, chopped
- 4 large flour tortillas
- freshly ground black pepper
Valentine's Day Dinner Inspired By Romantic Movies
Chicken Curry with Vegetables
Scallops With Saffron Sauce
Spaghetti And Meatballs
Vanilla Ice Cream