1. For the ice cream: Warm the two creams together in a saucepan until simmering. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl until pale and thick, 2-3 minutes. Pour the warmed cream onto the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
3. Strain the mixture into a clean saucepan and stir continually over a low heat until thickened and smooth like a custard, 4-5 minutes.
4. Pour the custard into a large bowl. Cover and chill until cold, 2 hours. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Churn the custard in an ice cream maker, according to the manufacturer's instructions, until softly frozen; about 20-30 minutes. Transfer to a freezer-proof container, cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
6. For the roasted pineapple: Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 400F | gas 6.
7. Toss the pineapple with the sugar, desiccated coconut, and lime juice in a large roasting dish. Roast for about 20-25 minutes, turning once, until caramelised at the corners.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool briefly.
9. To serve: Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let stand for 5 minutes. Divide pineapple between serving bowls and top with scoops of ice cream and some lime zest before serving.
7 Hours 25 Minutes
Valentine's Day Dinner Inspired By Romantic Movies
Chicken Curry with Vegetables
Scallops With Saffron Sauce
Spaghetti And Meatballs
Vanilla Ice Cream