For a one dish recipe that’s as satisfying as it is nourishing, then you can’t go past this family favourite. Not only is our zucchini and quinoa slice easy to make, but it’s also a brilliant back to school lunchbox idea or after school snack that the kids can grab-and-go.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180° fan) | 400F | gas 6. Roughly grate the courgettes on a box grater. Toss with a generous pinch of salt in a colander and set in the sink for 10 minutes.
2. Place the oil in a rectangular baking dish and place in the oven to preheat for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime, whisk together the flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, and Parmesan with plenty of salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl to make a smooth batter.
4. Carefully drain the courgette and fold it into the batter along with the quinoa.
5. Remove the preheated tin from the oven and carefully pour the batter into it, arranging the sun-dried tomatoes on top. Return to the oven for about 25-30 minutes until the batter is puffed and golden-brown.
6. Remove from the oven and leave to stand briefly before serving.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 2 large courgettes
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 275 g | 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 400 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50 g | 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 85 g | 1/2 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 75 g | 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil, drained
- freshly ground black pepper