Are you looking for a super-easy recipe to feed the whole family that tastes delicious and is also good for you? Well, this one has it all! A healthy lunchbox idea, brunch, or tummy-filling snack – Jules Sebastian’s zucchini slice really does tick all the boxes. Oh, and you can cook it in under an hour! Plus, we’ll let you in on a little secret – you can pack as many veggies in as you like. Jules won’t mind! And the kids won’t blink an eyelid.
Stroll into your local Stockland his summer, pack your basket full of fresh ingredients and get cooking with Jules Sebastian. We can’t wait to see what you’ve created! Just be sure to tag us in your pictures on Instagram @StocklandShopping #StocklandShopping.
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Grease and line a lamington pan.
3. Place grated zucchini in a colander and place the colander inside a large bowl. Set aside.
4. Heat a little oil in a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook for 3 mins or until softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Squeeze excess water from the grated zucchini and discard.
6. Place the grated zucchini in a large mixing bowl. Add carrot, capsicum and self raising flour. Stir well.
7. In a separate bowl or jug, combine the eggs and vegetable oil. Pour into zucchini mix along with the onion, bacon and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir again until mix is evenly combined.
8. Pour mix into prepared pan, sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 35-40 mins or until cooked through and golden.
Cool slightly, cut and serve.
Note: Can be served warm or cool.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 1 small Spanish onion, diced
- 3 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese