With the recent announcements from the Victorian Government about how they plan on improving infrastructure, there’s so many more reasons why thousands of Victorians call the west home.
If you’ve been out west lately, you would have noticed all the infrastructure enhancements that are planned or currently underway. These improvements include:
• A $2.1 billion upgrade of the Sunbury Line between Sunbury and Footscray
• Investment in the highly-anticipated Melbourne Airport Rail
• The new Metro Tunnel which will run between Kensington and South Yarra, easing congestion on the current City Loop
• Construction of the West Gate Tunnel to provide an alternative to the West Gate Bridge
• The Suburban Rail Loop providing a connection between the west, north and south-eastern suburbs
• The Geelong Fast Rail providing a faster connection between Geelong and Melbourne CBD
• Removal of level crossings at 7 locations with another 6 more to go
• Upgrades to 8 main western roads from Footscray to Werribee.
To find out more about the Victorian Government’s investment on roads and rail projects in the west, visit bigbuild.vic.gov.au/community/regions/melbournes-west.