Need a mid-week dinner staple without the stress? This recipe will have you dishing up San Choy Bow without the ‘’San Choy How?’’ in under 15 minutes! Both a healthy and hearty meal, this recipe will have your weeknight dinner go from pan to plate quicker than you can say San Choy Bow. And it doesn’t compromise on taste!
A meal to satisfy even the tiniest of tummies at the dinner table, it’s a true crowd-pleaser. Experiment with flavours of lemongrass and chilli to add just a spoonful of spice suited to all palates. Don’t hold back with the lime juice though! Its zesty tang complements and balances the garlic perfectly.
1. Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a deep-frying pan and stir-fry lemongrass, chilli, onion, herbs and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add mince to pan and, once cooked, add the lime juice mixture and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Slice bok choy leaves and steam in boiling water for 2 minutes – drain and then leave to cool.
Visit our hub for more Miguel Maestre recipes, news, inspiration and relish in a range of his seasonal, internationally-inspired recipes and helpful tips and make your next meal all the more memorable.
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of peanut oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 300g of turkey mince
- 1 bok choy
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of fresh coriander leaves
- 1/3 cup of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled into shavings
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and trimmed into cups
- 1/2 lime – juiced
- 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
- Lime wedges
Combine lime juice, fish sauce and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
Heat oil in a deep frying pan and stir-fry lemongrass, chilli, onion, herbs and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
Add mince to pan and, once cooked, add the lime juice mixture and simmer for a few minutes.
Slice bok choy leaves and steam in boiling water for 2 minutes – drain and then leave to cool.
Once semi-cooled, line the lettuce leaf shells with the bok choy.
Next, add the mince mixture and top with shaved cucumber and lime wedges.
Want to try out more of Miguel's recipes?
Harrissa lamb and baba ganoush
Churros con chocolate