Back to ideas wall
Flatbread pizza with fig, caramelised onion, mozzarella and rocket
Have you tried our flatbread pizza recipe with fig, caramelised onion, mozzarella and rocket yet? We have a feeling it’ll be a new family favourite!
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a small bowl mix ¼ of the olive oil with the garlic and oregano, set aside.
3. Heat butter and remaining oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook onion for 10 minutes, stirring often until softened and translucent. Reduce heat to low, add sugar and cook for another 10-15 minutes until caramelised. Remove from heat, then add balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Brush flatbreads with the garlic and olive oil. Place flatbreads directly on oven rack in hot oven and bake until slightly golden, about 6-8 minutes. Remove flatbreads from the oven and set aside to cool.
5. Once cool, top with caramelised onion, fig slices, and torn chunks of gorgonzola. Place flatbreads in the oven for a further 10 minutes until the cheese melts and base becomes crispy.
6. Remove and top with rocket and Parmesan!
There’s plenty of delicious winter recipe inspiration in the latest issue of Winter of Food, available to pick up for FREE at your local Stockland centre. And be sure to tag us in your creations @stocklandshopping and #foodincommon on Instagram. We love to see what the community is up to this season!
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
This information has been provided by our Stockland retailers. All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information is correct at the time of the content going live. However, no warranty is given as to the accuracy of that information. The information may change from time to time without notice. Stocks are limited and only available while stocks last with individual retailers. Products may vary from location to location. Prices may also change without notice. Please contact our retailers for more information.
- 2 Naan flatbreads
- 25ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 15g butter
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 fig, sliced into
- 6 pieces
- 25g gorgonzola cheese
- 25g Parmesan, shaved
- Splash of balsamic vinegar
- Pinch dried oregano
- Handful of fresh rocket leaves
- Salt and black pepper