1. For the omelettes: Beat together the eggs and milk in a large measuring just with plenty of salt and pepper to taste.
2. Melt a few cubes of butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Pour in about one-quarter of the beaten egg and tilt the pan to coat the surface evenly. Cook until set, turning once, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Slide out of the pan and keep warm under aluminium foil. Repeat step 2 for the three remaining omelettes, using roughly the same amount of beaten egg as used for the first omelette.
4. To assemble: When ready to assemble, spread the omelettes with crème fraîche before covering with smoked salmon, tearing the pieces to fit as needed. Drizzle over some lemon juice.
5. Top with a thick layer of rocket leaves before carefully rolling the omelettes into thick sausage shapes.
6. Cut across them into 2.5 cm | 1" thick slices before serving.
- For the omelettes:
- 8 large eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 2 tbsp butter, cubed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To assemble:
- 250 g | 1 cup crème fraîche
- 10 - 12 smoked salmon slices
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100 g | 4 cups rocket, washed, dried, and