1) Place the eggs in a pan of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then peel very carefully, slice in half and remove the yolks with a teaspoon and place them in a small bowl.
2) Meanwhile, heat the oven to 200ºC (180º fan) 400ºF, gas 6. Place the oil and herbs in a small pan with the herbs, heat very gently then set aside.
3) Mash the egg yolks with the mustard powder, creme fraiche and melted butter until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Fill the cavity of the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture, place in a small roasting pan and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
5) Serve the eggs on a bed of salad leaves with the herb oil drizzled over.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped mixed herbs, (parsley, chervil, tarragon)
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- mixed salad leaves, to serve