Terms & Conditions
My Stockland Retail Website Terms and Conditions
Current as at 31/03/2014
Applying for Membership
- The My Stockland website is operated by Stockland Corporation Limited (Stockland). Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights you may have under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- You acknowledge that Stockland updates its site as often as practicable, but information can change rapidly and Stockland and any of its related body corporates do not guarantee its accuracy at any time.
- Membership into My Stockland is free and open to all Australian residents aged 15 years and over. Participants aged under 18 years must obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian before applying for membership and providing personal information about themselves. The parent or legal guardian of a member under the age of 18 must read these Terms and Conditions and by submitting a membership form, the parent or legal guardian consents to and acknowledges these Terms and Conditions.
- To apply for membership to My Stockland, an eligible participant must either:
(a) attend a customer care office at any Stockland Shopping Centre and request to join the program; or
(b) join the program through visiting My Stockland website at http://shoppingcentres.stockland.com.au/sign-up and providing the required information (required information may include but is not limited to , their full name and a current and valid email); or
(c) join the program through Facebook. Any participant registering through “Facebook” acknowledges that Stockland will have access to the following details:
i. the participant’s “Facebook” Public Profile Information;
ii. the participant’s “Facebook” Friend List”; and
iii. the participant’s “Facebook” Email Address.
- If a participant registers using the Stockland App, the participant is responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of their login details for the Stockland App and is responsible for any activity under their account. Each participant agrees to immediately notify Stockland of any unauthorised use of their account or password or any other breach of security. It is the participant’s sole responsibility to control the dissemination and use of their password and control access to and use of their account. Stockland will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from a participant’s failure to comply with this provision.
- If a participant uses Facebook to register: participants acknowledge that their personal profile may be updated by accessing My Stockland via Facebook. Further, participants consent to the disclosure and transfer of their Personal Information, by Stockland to Facebook for purposes relating to My Stockland. Membership to and use of Facebook generally is subject to the prevailing terms and conditions of use of Facebook. My Stockland is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Participants are solely responsible and liable for any content or information they transmit to other internet users. To the extent permitted by law, each participant agrees to indemnify, defend and forever hold harmless, Stockland and its related body corporates, trusts and associates against any and all losses, actions, claims, costs, expenses and damages (of any nature) which may be incurred by a participant in respect of the participant’s membership in My Stockland. Any questions, comments or complaints about My Stockland must be directed to Stockland and not to Facebook.
Privacy and Collection Notice
- Stockland and its affiliates (“we”) collect your personal information directly from you wherever practicable. We may collect personal information from our related companies or other third parties.
- We may disclose your personal information, including updates, to the third parties, including affiliate retailers in shopping centres where you are a member of our clubs (for marketing purposes), our consultants, agents or contractors, and our related parties, entities and trusts.
- We may disclose personal information to entities outside Australia, including to our related bodies corporate located in the UK and Singapore, and our data hosting and other IT and marketing service providers located in Canada and India.
- You may contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: Privacy Officer, Stockland, Level 25,133 Castlereagh Street, Sydney NSW 2000.
Managing your membership
- By registering as a member of My Stockland you agree to receive communication from Stockland and any of its participating Stockland Centres. The Communication will provide information regarding upcoming events, activities and promotional offers around your local Stockland Centre (“Stockland Content”). Stockland may limit the content sent to you to information relevant to the event preferences and activities of interest indicated in your registration form. The Stockland Content will also be available on the website.
- If you wish to stop receiving emails, you can cancel your subscription by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any email communication and by replying STOP to any SMS communications.
- You agree that you are responsible for providing correct and accurate details in registering to be a member of Stockland and that any errors made in typing or providing your details could result in failed delivery of any email communication.
Copyright and Trade Marks
- Any and all ideas, designs, graphics, photographs, text, audio and audiovisual material, documents and any other material contained in the website and emails are subject to copyright laws in Australia and overseas and are owned or controlled by Stockland or Stockland’s licensors (Our Materials). You cannot use Our Materials for any purpose.
- Our Materials also include trademarks which are protected by law. You may not use our trademarks in Australia or internationally without our prior written consent.
Disclaimer and general
- The Stockland Content is provided for information purposes only. While Stockland uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information provided is accurate and up-to-date, Stockland makes no endorsements, representations or warranties about the completeness, accuracy, reliability or suitability of the content (including but not limited to information in any links to websites). Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. When you access any other website through Stockland’s website http://www.stockland.com. au (“Stockland Website”) it is independent to Stockland’s Website and Stockland does not monitor or review the content of any other website.
- The Stockland Content may contain links or references to third party sites. Stockland is not responsible or liable for the content of those sites. Stockland does not guarantee that materials accessible on or through the Stockland Content will be free from errors, viruses, worms or other harmful codes. To the extent permitted by law, all liability is excluded for any loss, damages or injury resulting from your access to, or inability to access, or your receipt of any codes, or your reliance on any information from or through the content.
- Stockland makes no representations or warranties as to the continuing availability of the website or emails and may in its absolute discretion, at any time cancel any emails communication or take down the website. Stockland has the right to suspend or cancel your membership at any time if you breach these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws in force in New South Wales, Australia and you unconditionally submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.