1) Thread the chicken pieces onto wooden skewers, alternating with the halved figs and brush with oil. Season.
2) Place the cous cous in a bowl, cover with the hot stock and clingfilm the bowl. Leave for 10 minutes or so until tender, then fork through the grains and add the lemon, herbs and pine nuts.
3) Griddle the chicken kebabs over high heat for about 8-10 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked through.
4) Serve the kebabs with the cous cous alongside.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into chunks
- 8 ripe figs, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 250 g | 1 1/2 cups cous cous
- 250 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 bunch chervil, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted