1. For the muffins: Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4. Grease four individual ovenproof jars (with lids) with some olive oil.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Make a well in the centre and add the melted butter, egg, and milk. Mix into the dry ingredients to make a rough batter; it shouldn't be totally smooth.
4. Fold in the cheeses, ham, and spinach. Divide the batter between the jars, placing them on a rimmed baking tray.
5. Bake for about 25-35 minutes until golden-brown and risen; a toothpick should come out clean from their centres when ready. Carefully remove to a wire rack to cool.
6. To serve: Stir together the carrot, garlic, 1 tbsp olive oil, and rice wine vinegar in a serving bowl with some salt and pepper to taste.
7. Dress the spinach with the remaining olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste. Divide between plates along with the carrot salad and yoghurt.
8. Turn out the muffins from their jars onto the plates. Garnish with some cress and serve straight away.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 220 g | 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80 g | 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 250 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100 g | 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 50 g | 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 150 g | 1 cup cooked or cured ham, diced
- 50 g | 2 cups baby spinach, washed and chopped
- 4 large carrots, grated
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 150 g | 6 cups baby spinach, washed
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt, or sour cream or crème fraîche
- 1 handful salad cress, snipped