Feast on the rainbow with these rice rolls with cashew sauce. Not only will the kids be excited by the array of colour spread across their plates, but the health benefits associated with the variety of ingredients in this recipe including beetroot, carrots and cabbage makes it easier to ensure they are getting their daily serving of veggies.
1. For the sauce: Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a food processor or blender.
2. Purée until smooth; thin out with more coconut milk as needed to achieve the right dipping consistency.
3. Pass through a fine sieve into a bowl. Cover and set aside until needed.
4. For the rolls: Place the noodles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let soften for 6-8 minutes.
5. Drain the noodles and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Drain again and spread out on kitchen paper to drain.
6. Finely slice the beetroot on a mandolin, set to a very fine setting; the slices should be paper thin.
7. Briefly dip a sheet of the rice paper a third of the way into a bowl of hot water. Turn and dip the remaining section before placing on kitchen paper to drain.
8. Place a tofu piece on the bottom third of the paper before topping with the beetroot, noodles, cabbage, carrot, and coriander leaves.
9. Fold the bottom third over to cover before folding in the sides and rolling tightly. Continue with the remaining ingredients to complete the remaining rolls.
10. To serve: Divide the cashew sauce between serving bowls, topping with sesame seeds and some coriander and mint leaves. Serve on the side of the rolls for dipping.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest fashion trends of 2019 and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 165 g | 1 1/4 cups unsalted cashews, soaked in a bowl of hot water for 15 minutes, drained
- 200 ml coconut milk, plus extra as needed
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 pinch sugar
- 200 g vermicelli noodles
- 2 candy cane beetroot, scrubbed
- 12 rice paper wrappers, 15 cm | 6", kept under a damp cloth
- 500 g extra-firm smoked tofu, drained and cut into strips
- 1 red cabbage, shredded
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into thin batons
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked, plus extra to serve
- mixed sesame seeds
- 1 handful mint leaves