Halcyon Communities site fees and the cost of living
The land lease model wraps many household expenses into your weekly Site Fee. This makes it easy to budget and gives you certainty about the cost of living fees, giving you more time to enjoy your new lifestyle.
You may be eligible for rent assistance if you receive a pension through Centrelink. This can reduce your Site Fee by around $60 a week. (Your Site Fee is subject to an annual CPI adjustment or a yearly formula review to factor in any extraordinary rises in government charges, such as rates). A market review of your site rent takes place every three years.
One of the differences between Halcyon lifestyle communities and others is that we care. The design and construction of our superior energy-efficient homes help you keep a lid on your electricity bills.
As well as enjoying greater financial peace of mind and independence, you may also have more money to enjoy a better quality of life. Downsizing, or ‘rightsizing’, into a Halcyon lifestyle community often frees up capital from the sale of the family home. This can deliver you more cash for holidays, a boat or caravan, or spoiling the grandkids.
- A weekly fee that covers:
- All community facilities and amenities maintenance and upkeep. There is no sinking fund that homeowners are required to "top up".
- A range of weekly community classes and activities with different options to suit individual preferences.
- All landscaping, fencing and CCTV security. This includes mowing each homeowner's front verge and streetscape.
- Local government charges such as council rates.
- Some communities include water and sewer charges.
- Community management that provides:
- An onsite community management that provides homeowner support 5 days a week.
- Free community bus available to homeowners to use for local trips and excursions.
- Coordination of the Home Owners Committee and Social Group which assists homeowners to develop the type of environment they want.
- Management and administration of the community.
- Control your costs with your choice of:
- Telephone and internet provider along with the package that suits you.
- The energy retailer, power contract. If you have solar panels, you benefit from the feed-in tariff, not the community operator.
- Insurance over your home and contents.