Stockland is putting the finishing touches to its $25 million redevelopment of the new Stockland Point Cook Town Centre and is inviting the local community to the Grand Opening celebrations on Wednesday 12 August, 2015.
To celebrate the redevelopment opening, Stockland is inviting customers to enjoy free fun and entertainment, which will include face painting and balloons for kids, cooking demonstrations and food samples, special retailer offers and the opportunity to win some great prizes.
The brand new 4,000 square metre full-line Woolworths Point Cook will open its doors for the first time at 8am on Wednesday, giving customers the first experience to the new supermarket, complete with in-store artisan bakery, butcher, combined seafood and delicatessen and a convenient on-site liquor store.
To celebrate the supermarket opening, the first 100 people to spend $100 inside at Woolworths Point Cook will also be eligible to claim a free signed Donna Hay Cookbook, valued at $50*.
The enhancements have repositioned Stockland Point Cook as the only centre in the area to offer three supermarkets, reaffirming the centre’s position as the premier fresh food destination.
The redevelopment has also introduced a number of new specialty stores for the community including Vodafone, Christiane’s Hair Salon, Nextra, Specsavers, and Reliance Real Estate, as well as the recently opened Michele’s Patisserie, Point Cook Pharmacy and Sparkling Car Wash.
Customers can also expect to find easy, convenient carparking, with 1,792 carparking spaces, including 728 undercover bays. Stockland Point Cook also offers a dedicated Electric Vehicle parking bay with free ChargePoint charging facility in the Target undercover carpark, which opened earlier this year.
As part of the redevelopment Stockland Point Cook and Stockland CARE Foundation partner Touched by Olivia are currently constructing an inclusive playspace for the centre. The playspace is expected to launch in the coming weeks and has been expertly designed to invite children of all abilities to play together.
Tim Beattie continues, “We are excited to be delivering so much more for this community. We know the importance of a diverse fresh food offering and are pleased to be the only shopping centre in the area with a Woolworths, Coles and Aldi. We also want to create something more for families in the area and are excited to be opening the first all-inclusive playspace within a shopping centre in Victoria in the coming weeks.”
The $25 million redevelopment commenced in October 2014 and has created over 250 construction jobs during the program, the new retail opportunities will also provide a significant boost to the local economy with over 150 new employment opportunities for the area.
For more information and regular updates please visit: www.stockland.com.au/pointcook
Notes to editor:
Key facts about Stockland Point Cook:
- Point Cook Town Centre is located in the Wyndham region, 23 kilometres west of the Melbourne CBD
- The centre is located in one of Melbourne’s fastest growing population corridors
- The recently developed two-level centre includes a new full-line Woolworths as well as Coles and ALDI to offer the only triple supermarket offering in the trade area
- Other key retailers include Target, Dan Murphy’s and Rebel Sport as well as over 120 specialty stores
- Stockland Point Cook offers 1,729 parking bays for customers including a dedicated Electric Vehicle parking bay with a ChargePoint electric vehicle charging facility located in the Target undercover car park.
*Cookbook gift with purchase T&Cs
- Customer must make a purchase of $100.00 or more at Woolworths Point Cook Town Centre on 12 August 2015
- Present proof of purchase by presenting Woolworth Point Cook receipt of the Minimum Spend to the staff at the Promotional booth between from 8:00am while stocks last
- Complete the entry form in order to receive gift.
- One free gift per customer.
- A maximum of 100 gifts are available.
- Each receipt will be validated. All receipts must be clearly identified as being from Woolworths Point Cook Town Centre. Each receipt must carry a date of 12 August.
- Gifts have to be redeemed on same day of purchase.
For media enquiries
Media Relations Consultant
T +61 (0)2 9035 3435
M +61 (0)438 995 791
T +61 (0)2 9035 3263
M +61 (0)406 315 014