Stockland Green Hills is bringing its new shopping experience to life with the first stage of the $412 million redevelopment set to open next month. On Thursday 27 April, the centre will unveil the first section of the new mall, which will include more stores, more services and better access for customers.
As part of this first stage opening, Stockland Green Hills will open four brand new stores: Cruise Travel, L’Amore Nails, Blooms The Chemist and Toto Sushi. The first stage opening will also see the return a number of favourites that will come back bigger and better than ever, including MyHouse, The Reject Shop, Traditional Medicine, Mister Minit, Newcastle Permanent and the full service Westpac Bank branch. Best&Less, Eyecare Plus, Just Cuts and NIB will also be relocated into the new northern mall along with the CR8 Children’s Play Area.
Stockland Group Executive and CEO of Commercial Property, John Schroder, said: “This first stage is just the start of an amazing transformation and there’s so much more to look forward to with an exciting schedule of openings planned to bring a great line up of new retailers and services to our customers.”
“We’ve made great progress so far and look forward to seeing the new shopping centre come to life as we transform Stockland Green Hills into the premier retail, entertainment and casual dining destination in the Lower Hunter.”
Stockland will also deliver a number of key access improvements for customers by the end of April, including a new centre entry near Best & Less and a direct access pedestrian link to the shops from Mitchell Drive and the bus stop. The centre will also open almost 300 additional new car parking spaces with Park Assist.
Upon completion in mid-2018, Stockland Green Hills will more than double in size to around 74,000 square metres. The new centre will feature the first new format David Jones department store in the Hunter, a new 5,900 square metre Target discount department store with innovative store design, a new 900 seat Hoyts cinema and around 225 tenancies, including JB Hi-Fi and Harris Scarfe. The centre will also include a vibrant new dining and entertainment precinct that will be the biggest and best in the region.
The Stockland Green Hills development is estimated to generate more than 2,285 jobs – 1,350 jobs during construction, 1,250 direct, new, full time jobs in retail, customer service and hospitality and an estimated 1,200 indirect jobs for local suppliers and service providers within the regional economy.
John Schroder continues, “We thank the community for staying on this journey with us as we bring a host of new stores to Stockland Green Hills and create thousands of jobs for the local region. We hope customers will continue to embrace the new centre as the heart of their local community and make it their own.”
Customers can visit the Customer Care desk outside of Woolworths Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm to see the plans and ask any questions about the store relocations and openings.
Notes to editor
For up to date centre and development information please visit:
The following centre changes will come in effect from 27 April -10 May:
- Opening of new northern mall
- Relocation of Best& Less, Eyecare Plus, Just Cuts and NIB into the new Northern mall
- Opening of new stores, Blooms The Chemist (second store), Cruise Travel, L’Amour Nails, Mister Minit, The Newcastle Permanent, Toto Sushi, My House and a full service Westpac Bank branch
- Opening of 290 new carparking spaces with Park Assist
- New roundabout between basement car park and Woolworths Petrol
- New pedestrian walkway to carpark and bus stop
- The existing and new basement carpark will be known as P1.
- P2 is on the same level as the ground floor stores, with access to the centre without a travellator or lift
- Opening of new centre entry near the new Best & Less, accessible via travelator and lift from P1, on grade from P2, and via travelator and lift from P3 (Dan Murphy’s level carpark)
- Opening of a section of loading dock 3 (on Molly Morgan Drive) to service the new stores
- Relocation of CR8 Play children’s play area
- Closure of the CR8 Delight mall from Best & Less up to and including Portmans (10 May)