Australia’s leading developer of masterplanned communities, Stockland, has acquired more than 4,600 residential lots over three sites, strategically located in the fast-growing north-west, north-east and south-west metropolitan corridors of Perth, WA.
The acquisition includes a 40 hectare parcel of land in Sinagra for $53 million; 334 hectares of land in Baldivis for $27 million; and 11 hectares of land in Brabham for $11 million.
Stockland Group Executive and CEO of Residential, Andrew Whitson, said: “We’ve seen early signs of improved economic conditions in WA, particularly in Perth, and this additional land will enable us to plan for three new liveable, affordable residential communities over the long term.
“These acquisitions set us up well to take advantage of future demand in the coming years,” Mr Whitson said.
Stockland General Manager for Western Australia, Col Dutton said: “We are committed to helping more Western Australians move into their own homes by creating a diverse range of liveable and affordable housing options at our connected masterplanned communities. These three sites are well located near existing or planned community infrastructure including transport, retail centres, schools and parks.
“In Brabham, the additional 200 lots adjoin our existing Whiteman Edge project, which enables us to leverage planned infrastructure including a retail town centre, future primary school and the planned Ellenbrook rail line, part of the MetroNet project.
“The Sinagra site has capacity for nearly 700 home sites, with a large proportion offering views across Lake Joondalup and the surrounding natural landscape, and includes plans for a new primary school.
“At Baldivis, our plans for a new residential community will include around 3,700 homes conveniently located just off the Kwinana Freeway within 3km of Wellard Rail Station. The site is a 30 minute drive to more than 100,000 jobs, including major employment areas in Rockingham, Kwinana, Henderson and Bibra Lake.”
Stockland has invested and operated in WA for 16 years with a current portfolio of assets worth $1 billion which includes:
- 4 shopping centres
- 6 residential communities with 8,250 lots remaining
- 1 retirement village (and 1 under construction)
- 2 office, logistics and business parks assets.
- This site’s elevated location will offer future residents fantastic views across Lake Joondalup.
- Located around 23 kilometres north of the Perth CBD, the Sinagra property is located 200 metres from St Anthony’s Primary School and 450 metres from the Wanneroo District Shopping Centre.
- The site is also only 7 kilometres away from the Joondalup Region City Centre which offers a train station, regional shopping centre and the Edith Cowan University Joondalup Campus.
- 330 hectare site located 37 kilometres south of the Perth CBD in the South West Corridor.
- Located close to the Wellard Train Station and Town Centre, within 4 kilometres if existing schools as well as only 6 kilometres from the Stockland Baldivis Shopping Centre.
- The 11 hectare site in Brabham will be a consolidation into the existing Whiteman Edge residential project.
- Whiteman Edge is just 20km from Perth's CBD and boasts a park within 300m of every home including the brand new $2 million Jungle Park, the all-abilities Livvi’s Place Playground, basketball hoops and a kick-about oval.
- The site is also located close to the proposed Whiteman Edge Town Centre, a proposed future primary school and the planned Ellenbrook Rail Line – which is part of the MetroNet project.