STOCKLAND MAKES CHRISTMAS A HOLIDAY
Stockland is making Christmas a holiday with our annual Christmas campaign designed to help alleviate the various pressures households can feel in the lead up to the festive season.
Our research shows that customers are generally time poor at this time of year and can find gift-giving stressful. The campaign will create time for our customers to enjoy the holiday and make gift-giving and Christmas preparation an enjoyable experience.
Stockland General Manager Customer and Group Marketing, Ben Allen, said: “Christmas is a time for people to come together, unwind and create joyful memories with their loved ones, though we understand it can often be one of the busiest times of the year for many families.
“Our campaign this year is focused on making Christmas just that little less stressful. We have underpinned our campaign with the curation of great in-centre customer experiences to help our customers save time and make gift-giving easy this Christmas.
“This enables our customers to get into the true spirit of the holiday; whether it’s shopping for gifts or entertaining at home, our customers will feel supported knowing they have Stockland in their corner this Christmas.
“We are again partnered with the team at Host/Havas to deliver another truly integrated campaign this year.”
Host/Havas Executive Creative Director, Jon Austin, said: “For a holiday, Christmas sure is a lot of hard work. So the last thing Aussies needed was another ad that talked about putting more on their plates.
“Instead, we focused on all the stress Stockland can remove. And in doing so, we offered Australia the best present of all… a solid eight hours the night before.”
A short film brings the campaign to life, honouring Clement Clarke Moore’s poem, ‘Twas The Night Before Christmas. The script humorously deviates into the Christmas stresses Stockland is helping customers to avoid, such as down-to-the wire gift wrapping, last-minute baking, and ensuring stockings are equally filled. The spirited tone of the film is reflected across festive signage and displays throughout our centres.
The campaign will run from 10 November across owned channels, paid social media, in-store activations, and out-of-home media. Stockland has also curated a Spotify playlist titled ‘Make Christmas A Holiday’ which can be accessed here.
Customers now have access to a range of popular activities across our Retail Town Centres that will help them save time and fill Santa’s sack, including gift wrapping stations, childminding services, and Christmas and recipe gift guides.
In-centre activations include:
- Gift wrapping stations – We’re working with charity partners again to offer gift wrapping for a gold coin donation. Bespoke gift-wrap with cheerful designs in line with our Christmas campaign will be available for customers.
- Free childminding services – To streamline the shopping experience and save time for our customers, a free childminding service through Stay n Play will be available across a number of our centres.
- Gift card giveaway – Customers will have a chance to win a daily gift card worth $1,000 during the first two weeks of December. Competition entry is available through a QR code displayed in our centres.
- Santa photos – Santa photos, including pet photography at some centres, will be available across our centres, with early access to bookings for our Stockland members, sign up to become a member here. Sensitive Santa sessions will also be available at some centres for children with sensory challenges.
- Partnership with Autism Spectrum Australia – We’ve partnered with Autism Spectrum Australia to curate a dedicated web page that includes a full list of our accessibility services, sensory events, and gifting inspiration for those with sensory needs.
- Christmas recipes – A collection of Christmas recipes will be available on our website that features delicious dishes to make entertaining easy. Recipes can be filtered by meal type, ingredients, and dietary requirements, ensuring there’s something for everyone to enjoy this Christmas.
- Curated gift guides – To help make gifting easier this Christmas, our curated gift guides feature a range of ideas to cater to different tastes and budgets. We’ll also include tips on how to wrap any gift, as well as do-it-yourself ideas for Christmas bon-bons, advent calendars and stocking fillers.
For more information on the Christmas campaign and what’s on at your local Stockland centre, visit: www.stockland.com.au/christmas.