Stockland’s development application (DA) for a contemporary workplace development at 110-122 Walker Street, North Sydney, has been approved, achieving a significant milestone for the ‘Affinity Place’ project.
The workplace development, which brings together three sites, is in a prime location within the North Sydney CBD, a precinct currently undergoing significant transformation. At 51 storeys, the development is the tallest building to be approved by North Sydney Council and will accommodate approximately 59,000 square metres of commercial office and retail space, bicycle parking, end-of-trip facilities, car parking and loading facilities.
Louise Mason, CEO Commercial Property at Stockland, said: “We are pleased to have received development approval for Affinity Place, allowing us to progress our vision for contemporary workplaces designed to meet the future needs of companies and employees, and be part of North Sydney’s transformation.
“A priority of Stockland’s strategy is to increase our portfolio of quality workplace assets, capitalising on long term trends in urbanisation and urban renewal.
“Affinity Place will be among the most sustainable buildings in North Sydney, contributing positively to Stockland’s and our future tenants’ drive towards net zero carbon,” said Louise Mason.
The development will include a publicly accessible pedestrian link from Walker Street to Little Spring Street, providing convenient access to the new Metro station. A sky garden at the top of the building will deliver a unique and enjoyable experience with views of Sydney Harbour and the CBD.
The site is highly connected, easily accessible by train, bus, ferry, bike and road, and is approximately 200 metres from the new Victoria Cross Metro Station which will connect North Sydney to the Sydney CBD in around three minutes.
Stockland Executive General Manager of Development for Commercial Property, Gavin Boswarva, said: “We believe organisations will continue to be attracted to landmark workplaces that exhibit design excellence within a dynamic and prosperous city centre. Our design will create a contemporary tower with efficient and flexible floors that will allow the curation of a variety of workspaces to suit preferred working styles and prioritise employee wellbeing.
“Tenants will enjoy floor plates that maximise harbour and city views, daylight, access to outdoor landscaped terraces and a rooftop sky garden - a unique offer for North Sydney, reimagining the future of workplace and reinforcing connection with the local community,” said Gavin Boswarva.
The project remains subject to Stockland’s final investment decision.
Additional details for the DA approved ‘Affinity Place’
- Premium workplace with approximately 59,000 square metres of commercial office and retail space
- Large contemporary side-core floor plates maximising efficiencies, views and access to daylight
- Activated lobby, ground plane and through-site link offering retail and services
- Outstanding views of Sydney Harbour to the east, and the Sydney CBD to the south
- Iconic tower on the North Sydney skyline and highly visible from Sydney CBD
- Flexible spaces offering opportunities for co-working, social or community spaces, wellness areas, and outdoor landscaped terraces
- Open and inviting lobby, accessible from Walker and Little Spring Streets
- Rooftop garden accessible to tenants and community
- Integration of green space and natural light, including opportunity to incorporate naturally ventilated spaces
- Exceptional end of trip facilities.
- Approximately one minute’s walk from the new Victoria Cross Metro Station and six minutes from North Sydney Train Station and bus interchange
- Metro train services to transport commuters to Barangaroo in three minutes, Martin Place in five minutes and Central in nine minutes (Sydney Metro estimates)
- Proximity to major roads including Warringah Freeway, Pacific Highway, Berry Street and Walker Street
- Walking distance to North Sydney and Milsons Point ferry.