The $222 million redevelopment and expansion of Stockland Wetherill Park is rapidly taking shape with a new Fit n Fast gym, JB Hi-Fi and 50 new specialty stores in the final stages of construction and fit out ahead of the Stage One opening before Easter.
Stockland has already delivered a cool, new laneway restaurant precinct adjacent to the refurbished and restyled 12-screen Hoyts Cinema – and customers are loving the look, feel and taste of the new shopping centre.
Kinchin Lane is coming alive with an exotic, international mix of Thai, Vietnamese, Italian, Mexican and Americana food thanks to the newly opened Thai Rock, Pho 75, La Mono, Rashay’s Pizza, Pasta and Grill, Caffe I Viaggi, Blue Star Café and Mad Mex. The list of fine food purveyors and franchises doesn’t end there with San Churro, Grill’d, Yoghurtland, Nandos, The Gozleme and Hero Sushi getting ready to open their doors soon.
Romi Trad, from Rashay’s Pizza says, “Since opening our doors in the new Kinchin Lane at Stockland Wetherill Park, the response from the community has been even better then we could have dreamed. It is definitely an area that loves food and loves enjoying it with great company.”
With so much fabulous food on offer, Stockland is balancing its retail mix at the bigger, better Wetherill Park shopping centre by introducing the area’s first, state-of-the-art Fit n Fast gym as an integrated part of the centre.
Justin Travlos explained: “The new Stockland Wetherill Park has been very deliberately created, literally as a one-stop-shop, with everything customers could ever want, whether that involves a great meal with friends and family, a healthy and stress-busting workout at the gym, a night at the movies or, of course, some retail therapy and the weekly grocery shop with the area’s best fresh food and ingredients.”
Melanie Hole, Manager at Fit n Fast Wetherill Park, said: “As the saying goes, Summer bodies are made in Autumn and Winter, so this is the perfect time to open our new Fit n Fast gym in this very convenient location at Stockland Wetherill Park. Head to www.fitnfast.com.au to register for updates and be the first to hear about our special limited edition founder rates!”
In addition to the recently completed Kinchin Lane, and soon-to-open Fit n Fast gym, the completion of the first major stage of redevelopment at Wertherill Park will also see the introduction of a new JB Hi-Fi , Kathmandu and Amart Sporting Goods along with 50 new specialty retailers.
Stockland is gearing up to officially launch Stage 1 of its $222 million Wetherill Park redevelopment and expansion before Easter, with the overall project now half way through and on schedule to deliver a bigger and better retail and entertainment offering.
Stockland Wetherill Park has also launched their Instagram page this week and are encouraging locals to follow @stocklandwetherillpark to keep up to date with news, events, offers and more.
To kick off the new platform, an Instagram promotion has been launched today inviting customers to share a photo showcasing what they ‘love’ about the new Kinchin Lane – whether it’s good times with friends a coffee in the sun or Saturday date night. Simply post the photo on Instagram tagging @stocklandwetherillpark and using the hashtags #kinchinlane and #stocklandwp to enter. A winner will be announced every week for the next 50 weeks with a $50 Kinchin Lane Restaurant Voucher up for grabs.
Paul Davis, Centre Manager at Stockland Wetherill Park, said: ““We are excited to see our customers loving the new offerings at Stockland Wetherill Park and are excited to deliver a truly unique fashion, fresh food and entertainment precinct that will ensure Wetherill Park Shopping Centre remains at the heart of the local community as a great place to work, shop, meet and socialize very soon.”
Notes to editor:
- Stage 1 of Stockland Wetherill Park will be delivered in Autumn 2015. This will include:
- A refurbished 12-screen Hoyts cinema
- 3 new mini majors including JB Hi Fi, Amart Sporting Goods and Kathmandu
- An expanded external restaurant, entertainment and leisure precinct, Kinchin Lane with over 10 restaurants and food eateries
- 50 specialty stores
- 250 car parking spaces in addition tthe 500 spaces delivered before Christmas 2014
- Stage 2 of Stockland Wetherill Park is already underway and will be delivered by mid-2016. This will include:
- An expanded food court
- Higher end fashion retail
- An additional 750 car parking spaces
- A brand new 4200 sqm Coles supermarket and expanded fresh food offer tour customers
- Upon completion, the Stockland Wetherill Park Shopping Centre redevelopment will feature:
- Twfull line supermarkets, (Woolworths and a new Coles supermarket)
- Twfull line discount department stores, (Big W and Target)
- A refurbished 12-screen Hoyts cinema supported by an expanded external restaurant, entertainment and leisure precinct
- A new, separate 800-seat indoor-outdoor food court and an expanded fresh food precinct
- 10 Mini Majors
- 200 specialty tenancies, comprised of 175 in-line shops and 25 kiosk sites, and 8 pad sites
- 2700 car parking spaces
- Stockland is targeting 5 Star Green Star ‘design’ and ‘as built’ environmental ratings, a first in the Stockland retail portfolio.
Stockland (ASX: SGP) was founded in 1952 and has grown to become Australia’s largest diversified property group – owning, developing and managing a large portfolio of shopping centres, residential communities, logistic centres, business parks, office assets and retirement living villages. Stockland is rated as one of the most sustainable real estate companies in the world by the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI). Stockland is also an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, as recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
Media Relations Consultant
T +61 (0)2 9035 3435
M +61 (0)413 689 343
Senior Manager Media Relations
T +61 (0)2 9035 3263
M +61 (0)406 315 014