Nearly five years on from construction first commencing on the $5 billion masterplanned development, Aura has changed the face of the Sunshine Coast and continues to be a favourite for individuals and families seeking a connected lifestyle close to schools, childcare, shopping, parks, playgrounds, cycleways, sports fields and employment hubs.
The vibrant and sustainable community continues to reach new milestones this month celebrating 5000 residents now calling the Sunshine Coast community home.
The growing masterplanned community reached several major milestones over the last 12 months, including the opening of the $33 million Baringa retail district. Aura’s newest suburb of Nirimba also welcomed its first residents.
Josh Sondergeld, Project Director at Aura, said Aura has always held the vision to be Australia’s most prosperous and connected master planned community.
“Aura continues to reach new heights and I’m thrilled to see what we have achieved since the community’s official release,” Mr Sondergeld said.
“Aura is Australia’s fastest-growing masterplanned community and the strong interest from buyers proves that Aura’s vision is resonating with the community.
“We're welcoming up to 10 new families to Aura each week, many of whom are first-time buyers or have previously rented in the community.
“We’re looking forward to how the next five years shape up, and hope they are just as exciting as the last.”
The future city of Aura is predicted to generate 20,000 new jobs in the next 15 years while contributing $1.5 billion per year to the local economy.
Construction will soon commence on a new medical centre and swim school and the completion of Baringa’s first High School is on program to open for the 2021 school year.
The next 12 months will also see a new sports park in Aura, as well as the first three parks in Nirimba completed, while a 10-hectare major recreational park will open mid-year, with a 5,000m2 designated dog park.
Residents Beau and Portia recently purchased in Aura, impressed with the community's current and future connectivity and amenities.
“As soon as we arrived at Aura we were both really impressed with the community as a whole,” they said.
“As first home buyers we loved that we could purchase a home that felt luxurious but at an affordable price. And the fact that our home is so close to everything is great – we’re always going cycling on the veloway, and we’re just a short stroll from the new Baringa Town Centre which has everything we could ever need.
“We want to start a family one day, and are hoping to put our roots down and stay in Aura for a really long time.”
As one of the state’s most liveable destinations on the Sunshine Coast, Aura is home to a diverse range of living options, from architecturally designed townhomes to spacious six-bedroom homes.
With a median house price of $600,0001, the Sunshine Coast has seen the highest value growth in South East Queensland over the last five years.
For more details on Aura go to CityofColour.com, phone 1300 762 058 or visit the Aura Sales and Information Centre at 1 Lukin Terrace, Bells Creek. You can also keep up with Aura’s progress on Facebook.
FIVE FUN FACT YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT AURA
1. Aura’s suburbs are inspired by traditional indigenous names, reflecting characteristics of the land and surrounding areas.
2. Aura is home to some of Australia’s rarest frogs, with over 150 hectares land being rehabilitated for rare and threatened acid frog species. The community also has dedicated frog crossings under roads to ensure safe passage through the conservation areas.
3. Upon completion, Aura will have more cycleways per capita than Copenhagen, Denmark – the world’s most bike-friendly city – with over 200 kilometres of dedicated and shared cycle path networks.
4. Aura is restoring over 700 hectares of previously cleared forestry land which will be protected as conservation lands and open space.
5. Upon completion, Aura will be home to approximately 20,000 residents and will be the same size as the city of Gladstone.