Holiday at home with these great ideas!
School holidays are almost here and it’s the perfect time for the kids to unwind, recharge and, most of all, have heaps of fun! To help your family make the most of the holidays, we’ve got you covered with some great ideas to keep everyone entertained. Get ready for adventure, laughter and plenty of unforgettable experiences with the kids, right here at home in Aura.
Enjoy a rock climbing adventure in Aura this school holidays.
Here are our top 7 suggestions for some serious fun!
1. Have a whale of a time at the newly opened Whale Park in Banya! If you haven’t visited yet, it’s time to get down and check it out. Located on the corner of Lady Elliot Street and Great Keppel Way, the park features a whale-themed playground, basketball half-court, a cycle loop and plenty of green space for the kids to run around or enjoy a picnic.
2. Soar to new heights at Boulder Heads Indoor Rock Climbing. Use your balance, technique and strength to scale the rock walls. It sounds scary, but trust us, it’s heaps of fun for both adults and kids, and once you’ve tried it, you’ll be hooked!
3. Treat the kids to a round of babycinos or milkshakes at Mummy’s Café. And the best part is, they’re dog friendly too, offering puppycino’s and doggy treats to keep the furry family members happy too!
4. Check out the amazing hand painted mural artwork from local, talented artist Hannah Poida at the Frog Park located in Baringa. This vibrant street art features one of Aura’s resident frog species, the rare Wallum Sedge Frog, transforming a boring electricity box to give it a life of its own!
5. Get your ninja on and join in the school holiday camp at Matt Fiddes Martial Arts Caloundra. Enjoy some awesome martial arts games and activities including board breaking and Nerf wars!
6. Keep the young ones entertained and join in the excitement at the Baringa Community Centre playgroup. This school holidays, the Travelling Playgroup is happening again at Forest Park, Eden Drive Baringa, just around the corner from the Baringa Community Centre. A great way to play outdoors and meet new friends.
7. Head down to Skate Plaza on Edwards Terrace in Baringa for a total thrill ride! Designed for skater and scooter enthusiasts of all ages and levels, from micro-groms to intermediate and advanced riders, there’s plenty of fun to be had.
Don’t miss the new hand painted frog mural from local artist Hannah Poida at Frog Park, Baringa