A clever combination of cooking and craft, this magical fruit-filled teacup recipe is a brilliant way to entertain the kids these school holidays. Not only will the little ones enjoy creating these quirky edible teacups, but they’ll love eating them even more – which is a great reason to hold a backyard tea party! Spending time outside munching on some yummy snacks and giggling with friends and family, all the while searching for ladybugs in the grass – that sounds like our kind of afternoon!
Not only are our magical fruit-filled teacups easy to make (check out the step-by-step video below), they look super cute, and you can fill them with whatever the kids like. We love them packed with fresh fruit that you can find at your local Stockland centre, along with everything else you need to create this simple recipe.
Yoghurt covered pretzels
1. Line a flat tray with baking paper before combining yoghurt and icing sugar with a hand mixer in a large mixing bowl.
2. Cut pretzels in half before dipping them in the yoghurt mixture. Place on the lined baking tray.
3. Place in the freezer for three hours to set.
1. In a medium bowl, lightly whisk egg white and lemon juice before gradually adding the icing sugar. Whisk until combined.
1. Slice the base off each cone and set aside.
2. Using a small piping kit, pipe the icing onto the base of each cone and attach to the biscuits to form your teacup. Put them in the freezer for 10 minutes to roughly set.
3. Then use the icing to attach the pretzel half as the teacup 'handle'. Leave to set in the freezer for an additional hour.
4. Finish by filling teacups with freshly cut fruit from your local Stockland centre.
If you’re planning a kid’s tea party during the school holidays, these magical fruit-filled teacups make the perfect treat! There’s always plenty of inspiration to be found at your local Stockland centre.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
Liked this article? Give these a try!
Kids cooking ideas
Kids cooking with Miguel
Shark themed party bites
This information has been provided by our Stockland retailers. All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information is correct at the time of the content going live. However, no warranty is given as to the accuracy of that information. The information may change from time to time without notice. Stocks are limited and only available while stocks last with individual retailers. Products may vary from location to location. Prices may also change without notice. Please contact our retailers for more information.
Prep time: 3 hours. Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 packet pretzels
- 2 cups vanilla yoghurt
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 ½ cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 packet Arnott’s Marie biscuits
- 1 box ice cream cup cones
- Fresh fruit, chopped