If you’re after a crowd-pleaser without the fuss, look no further! This Eton Mess recipe will delight the whole family, for a dessert done right. A British classic, this only takes minutes to whip up and offers the perfect sweet-treat for a hot summer evening.
Potentially one of the easiest desserts out there (except for a pack of chocolate, of course), Eton Mess will have you out of the kitchen and back at the table in no-time. Plus, as it’s a proclaimed ‘mess’, no need to muck around with its presentation! The more deconstructed, the better. Better yet, get the kids involved, too!
1. Lightly whip the cream and sugar until thick. Be careful not to over-whip.
2. Break up the meringue nests and stir into the cream.
3. Halve or quarter some large strawberries. Reserving a few berries for garnishing, lightly crush the berries with a fork then fold through the meringue and cream mixture.
4. Scoop into four glasses and serve immediately. Top with reserved berries.
*If you prefer your desserts to be less sweet, use half Greek yoghurt and half double cream.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups strawberries.
- 2 teaspoons sugar.
- 2 cups whipping cream.
- 1 packet of meringue nests.