If you are looking for a great treat for brunch at home, look no further than these delicious Crepes with Lemon.
1. Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt, and caster sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the water, oil, and melted butter, and continue to whisk until smooth.
2. Melt a small knob of butter in a non-stick frying or crêpe pan set over a medium heat until hot. Add a small ladle of the batter, tilting the pan to coat the surface evenly.
3. Cook for about 45-60 seconds until set and golden-brown spots form underneath the crepe. Flip and cook for a further 15-20 seconds before sliding out of the pan onto a plate. Cover loosely with aluminium foil to keep warm.
4. Repeat step 3 for the remaining crêpes, cooking at least 12 of them.
5. Halve and juice two of the lemons. Cut the third lemon into thin slices.
6. Pour a little lemon juice onto each crêpe and sprinkle with a little caster sugar. Fold in half and then in half again to create triangles.
7. Arrange the crêpes on plates and garnish with lemon slices and a dusting of icing sugar. Serve straight away.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 225 g | 1 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp caster sugar, plus 2-3 tbsp extra for serving
- 150 ml cold water
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted, plus 2-3 tbsp extra for frying
- 3 lemons
- 2 - 3 tbsp icing sugar, for serving