For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- Lamb Steak:
- 500g butterflied lamb leg steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp harissa paste
- Baba Ganoush:
- 1 massive Eggplant, unpeeled
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 Lemon, juice of, and to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 bunch Chopped chives
- White Bean Salad:
- 1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 French shallot, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced chives
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped olives
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Bunch of chives, finely chopped
Pat lamb dry with paper towels and rub with harissa paste mix. Allow to get to room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking.
With a splash of olive oil in a large fry-pan or BBQ grill on medium heat, cook lamb for 5-6 minutes each side, for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to rest.
Place eggplant on an open flame and burn on all sides for about 10 minutes until very soft and burnt skin. Set on chopping board and peel burnt skin off being very careful with the steam. Remove stem and put in a bowl with the rest of the ingrediants. Mash with a fork to a rough consistency - do not use food processor or blender.
Toss all white bean salad ingredients and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
To serve - slice lamb thinly against the grain serve with salad and baba ganoush and sprinkle chives.
Want to try out more of Miguel's recipes?
BBQ lamb kofta and beetroot pita
Churros con chocolate
Chorizo and beef empanadas