Back to ideas wall
Miguel Maestre's Blueberry and Raspberry White Chocolate Scones
Celebrity chef Miguel Maestre shares his own personal Blueberry and Raspberry White Chocolate Scones recipe. Get the family together for a high tea with this classic British treat. The white chocolate and berries add an element of flavour that is made complete with a generous dollop of your favourite jam and whipped cream. Create this quintessential teatime treat today!
1. Pre-heat a fan-forced oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
2. Add the flour, sugar, salt and butter to a mixing bowl. Quickly rub the flour with your fingers to dissolve the butter.
3. Add the cream, lemonade and milk and stir to combine.
4. Stir in the chocolate buttons and turn out the mixture onto a floured surface.
5. Knead lightly, then fold the berries into the dough.
6. Shape the dough into a rectangle approximately 3cm high.
7. Cut with a 4.5cm scone cutter, pressing down to cut without rotating.
8. Place on a baking paper-lined tray and brush tops of scones with milk.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a cake rack to room temperature.
10. To serve, tear open and fill with your favourite jam and lightly whipped cream.
Visit our hub for more Miguel Maestre recipes, news, inspiration and relish in a range of his seasonal, internationally-inspired recipes and helpful tips and make your next meal all the more memorable.
- 300g self-raising flour, sifted
- 60g caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 125ml thickened cream
- 125ml lemonade
- 40ml whole milk
- 1 tablespoon frozen butter, grated
- ½ cup white chocolate buttons
- ½ punnet fresh blueberries
- ½ punnet fresh raspberries
- Fresh whipped cream
- Raspberry Jam