Originating in the local taverns of northern Spain, Pinchos are fun to eat, delicious and perfect for sharing - making them the ultimate party snack. Miguel’s seafood twist on this classic Spanish appetiser is sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
1. Combine the garnish ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and set aside.
2. Dress the calamari with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
3. Pre-heat a heavy-based frypan until very hot.
4. Add the calamari to the hot pan in a single layer. Turn after 1 minute to ensure the edges have caramelised, then transfer onto a plate.
5. Dress with a squeeze of lemon juice.
6. To assemble, garnish the bread with mayonnaise, salad garnish, then two pieces of calamari. Secure with a skewer and serve immediately.
Visit our hub for more Miguel Maestre recipes, news, inspiration and relish in a range of his seasonal, internationally-inspired recipes and helpful tips to make your next meal all the more memorable.
- 1 fresh cleaned calamari tube,
- cut into 12 pieces.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt flakes
- 1 lemon
- 3 soft white bread rolls, cut in half,
- then into small rounds or squares.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ bunch flat parsley, picked
- 1 small red onion, sliced fine and
- dressed in lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickles
- Drizzle of olive oil