Celebrity chef Miguel Maestre shares his Chicken Finger Sandwiches recipe. The humble sandwich has been given a makeover! Look no further for your next finger food inspiration than with these fresh, crunchy and bite-sized delights.
1. Chop the chicken apart, roughly 1cm thickness. The delicious roasted skin can be chopped as well, depending on your preference.
2. To a mixing bowl, add the toasted almonds, celery, lemon zest and mayonnaise. Stir to combine well.
3. Add the chicken, herbs and stir through. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
4. Fill your sandwiches evenly with mixture, about 1cm thick. Remove the crusts then divide into three even-sized fingers. An electric carving knife is perfect for this task!
Visit our hub for more Miguel Maestre recipes
, news, inspiration and relish in a range of his seasonal, internationally-inspired recipes and helpful tips and make your next meal all the more memorable.
- ½ bbq chicken, bones removed
- ½ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 small stick celery, peeled
- and chopped
- 2/3 cup Japanese kewpie mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested
- ½ bunch chives
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- Salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x loaf sliced sandwich bread