Here’s a fool proof crowd-pleaser ready to roll out at any occasion. Entrée, canapé, school lunch, or moreish snack these sausage rolls are a cut above the rest. Stuffed with roasted garlic, chorizo, pistachio, and a healthy amount of Manchego, you simply can’t go wrong. Decant a selection of dipping sauces to accompany and you have yourself a party.
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced).
2. Season the head of garlic with a pinch of salt and olive oil. Wrap the garlic in foil and roast for 30-40 minutes until very soft.
3. Remove the casings from the sausages and place the meat in a large bowl. Add the chorizo, pistachios, Manchego, chives and pepper and mix together well with your hands.
4. Remove the garlic from the oven, cut it in half, squeeze it out of its skins and mash. Add to the mixture and mix it in.
5. Lay out a sheet of baking paper and roll 125g of the sausage mixture into a log shape the same length as the pastry. Wrap the baking paper around the mixture tightly.
6. Cut a pastry sheet to the length of the mixture and lay the mince along one long edge of pastry. Brush the other long edge with egg. Roll the pastry to enclose the filling and press to gently seal.
7. Place the tray in the fridge for at least 1 hour to firm up. Keep the rest of the egg wash for later. Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan-forced).
8. Cut each roll into three even pieces, brush with reserved egg wash and grind over fresh pepper and sprinkle poppy seeds.
9. Place, seam-side down, on the prepared tray and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Serve with tomato sauce.
*Miguel Maestre is a professional chef and has years of knife safety experience. For more information on knife safety visit our how to use knives safely guide here.
This information has been provided by our Stockland retailers. All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information is correct at the time of the content going live. However, no warranty is given as to the accuracy of that information. The information may change from time to time without notice. Stocks are limited and only available while stocks last with individual retailers. Products may vary from location to location. Prices may also change without notice. Please contact our retailers for more information.
1 hr 30 mins
- 2 pork and fennel sausages
- 5 chorizo sausages, casing removed, chopped
- A head of garlic
- 3 tbsp pistachio kernels, toasted and finely chopped
- 200g Manchego cheese
- 1 bunch of parsley, finely sliced
- 4 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of poppy seeds
- Tomato sauce, to serve