Preheat a char-grill pan or barbecue hotplate over high heat. Place the oil, garlic, chilli, ginger, chives, lime zest and lime juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and stir to combine. Save 3 tbsp of marinade, aside. Add seafood, toss to combine. Cook in hot plate for 8 minutes till seafood ready.
In the glass of a stick blender, add oil, crack the egg, add garlic, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Insert stick blender all the way to the bottom of the glass, blend until set and slowly remove blender up the glass until of mayonnaise consistency.
The Chargrilled Tomato Bread
Brush the bread with oil and cook over the BBQ grill till toasted. Rub the hot bread with garlic and top with the grated tomato. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and drizzle with extra oil.
Place the seafood on a serving plate, drizzle with the remaining marinade oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve with the aioli and char-grilled tomato bread.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, the latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 2 red chilies, thinly sliced
- 1 green chilli, thinly slice
- 2 limes zested and juiced
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- salt and cracked pepper
- 6 large king prawns
- 6 baby calamari whole
- 6 scampi
- 6 half shell large scallops
- 6 black mussels large
- 12 pippies or diamond shells
- 1 steak swordfish cut in fingers
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1 whole egg straight from fridge
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 2 roma tomatoes (120g), grated
- sea salt and cracked black pepper