Back to ideas wall
Miguel's tiramisu ice cream cake with chocolate biscuit crumb
Is there a better combo than drinking coffee with your dessert? We think not! Thankfully, we have the recipe for Miguel’s tiramisu ice cream cake with chocolate biscuit crumb!
It comes as no surprise that tiramisu is favoured among many. After all, the delectable flavour of robust espresso, sharp cocoa powder, and smooth vanilla ice cream is simply unbeatable. It’s the perfect dessert for every occasion – from Italian feasts to afternoon treats. We bet your mouth is watering already – which means it’s time to pull out your apron and hit the kitchen. Here’s how to make Miguel’s tiramisu cake.
1. Cut a piece of cardboard to fit inside the base of your loaf pan (we used a19.5cm x 9.5cm loaf pan). Wrap the cardboard in aluminium foil (this provides a stable base to help remove tiramisu once set). Line base and long sides with a double layer of plastic wrap with a 5cm overhang.
2. Place the aluminium-covered cardboard over the plastic wrap in the base of the pan. Measure savoiardi against the base of the pan, trimming to fit if necessary. (Most loaf pans taper out to the top, so you may not need to trim the biscuits for the top layer.)
3. Combine the espresso, sugar and licor. Whisk until dissolved and set aside.
4. Remove ice cream from the freezer and set aside for 10 minutes to soften.
5. Combine the softened ice cream with the mascarpone and vanilla bean using a whisk.
6. Working quickly, dip a sponge finger biscuit in the coffee mixture and place into the base of the lined pan lengthways. Repeat until the bottom is covered. You may need to trim some of the biscuits.
7. Top with half of the vanilla ice cream mixture then another layer of soaked biscuits lengthways then the remaining ice cream then place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up slightly.
8. Dip remaining biscuits in the coffee mixture and place on the top of the ice cream widthways. Freeze overnight.
9. When ready to serve, remove from the freezer and scatter with cocoa. Use the overhanging plastic wrap to carefully lift from the tin, then place on a tray and serve immediately.
For more Miguel inspirations, including gift ideas, recipes, activities and more visit stockland.com.au/miguel.
1 hr 30 mins
- 150ml espresso coffee
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 150ml licor 43 or other Spanish liqueur
- 250g mascarpone, room temperature
- 1L good-quality store-bought vanilla ice cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 24 sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi)
- 1 tbs cocoa