Vegan, Gluten-Free and Refined Sugar Free
If you’re looking for a dessert recipe that’s easy to prepare and will disappear off the plate in an instant, this no-bake lemon berry coconut cream tart with fresh berries is calling out to you. Considering this recipe is completely vegan, gluten-free, and has no refined sugar, how can you go wrong? Beware: the kids may try to tempt you for thirds with the “but there’s no sugar in it!” approach.
1. For the crust: In a food processor, pulse together the coconut and cashews until the cashews are finely chopped and broken up.
2. Add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and lemon juice; pulse until a rough dough-like mixture comes together around the blades.
3. Turn out the mixture into a 23 cm | 9-inch springform tart tin. Evenly press the mixture into the base and sides; cover and chill.
4. For the filling: Combine everything for the filling in a clean food processor; add the food colouring, if desired. Process until smooth and creamy, 2-4 minutes; add a splash of water to help bring it together, if needed.
5. Turn out the mixture into the crust, spreading it out evenly. Cover and chill for 4 hours.
6. To serve: After chilling, carefully open up the cans of chilled coconut milk. Scoop out the creamy coconut solids into a mixing bowl; reserve the coconut water for another use, such as smoothies.
7. Beat the cold coconut cream until thick, 2-3 minutes. Turn out the tart and spoon the coconut cream on top. Decorate with berries (hull and slice strawberries, if desired).
Can be frozen.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as aStockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
Prep time: 40 min | Soaking time: 4 h | Chilling time: 4 h | Total time: 8 h 40 min
- For the crust
- 150 g | 1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
- 175 g | 1 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 3 tbsp raw coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- For the filling
- 275 g | 2 cups raw cashews, soaked in cold water for at least 4 hours, drained
- 5 lemons, juiced, one lemon zested
- 150 g | 2/3 cup raw coconut oil
- 120 ml coconut milk
- 150 g | 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vegan yellow food colouring, optional
- To serve
- 2 (400 ml) tins coconut milk, chilled overnight
- 600 g | 4 cups mixed berries, e.g., blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries