Do the kids love a cheeky bit of chocolate? Don’t we all! Satisfy them with these guilt-free, no-bake brownies! Made with chocolate, dates and almonds, these brownies are 100% vegan and are great for an afternoon snack, or as a healthier dessert option. Did we mention they’re also topped with decadent chocolate icing and fresh berries? Mmm.
1. For the brownies: Combine the almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, cacao powder, and salt in a food processor. Process until just combined, scraping down the sides as needed with a spatula.
2. Add the almond flour and pulse several times until a ball of dough forms around the blades. Transfer it to a mixing bowl and add the almonds and dates, stirring with a wooden spoon to incorporate.
3. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23 cm | 9" square cake or baking tin with greaseproof paper.
4. Turn out the dough into the tin, patting it down flat with your hands or the back of a tablespoon. Cover and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
5. For the frosting: Combine the chocolate, coconut cream, and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a half-filled saucepan of simmering water, stirring until melted and even.
6. Remove the bowl from the heat and let the mixture cool and thicken, 15-30 minutes.
7. To serve: Turn out the brownie and cut it into nine squares. Top with the frosting, spreading it over the squares; garnish with chopped almonds, berries, and mint sprigs.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
Prep time: 45 min | Chilling time: 4 h | Total time: 4 h 45 min
- For the brownies
- 240 g | 1 cup almond butter
- 240 g | 1 cup raw coconut oil
- 75 g | 1/4 cup raw maple syrup
- 160 g | 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder, or cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp flaked sea salt
- 60 g | 2/3 cup almond flour, or coconut flour
- 250 g | 1 1/2 cups whole almonds, chopped
- 175 g | 1 cup pitted Medjool date, roughly chopped
- For the frosting
- 175 g | 1 cup dark chocolate, at least 70% cocoa solids, chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp raw coconut oil
- To serve
- 175 g | 1 cup whole almonds, chopped
- 150 g | 1 cup blueberries
- 150 g | 1 cup raspberries
- 9 mint sprigs