There’s nothing better than a freshly baked tart, encased in a buttery biscuit crumb and topped with Aussie fruit from your local Stockland grocer. It’s time you invited some friends and family over for an afternoon tea, or make it even more special with a high tea, and treat them to a coffee and a serving of this delightfully easy to make passionfruit tart.
1. Stir together the crushed biscuits, melted butter, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Spoon into a 20 cm | 8" high-sided springform fluted tart tin, packing it into the base and up the sides with your fingers. Cover and chill until needed.
3. Pour the hot water into a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Let bloom for 10 minutes.
4. Add the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the bowl, beating with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the double cream and continue to beat until the mixture is stiffly peaked, 3-5 minutes.
6. Warm the gelatin mixture in a microwave for 10 seconds. Remove and stir well before beating into the cream cheese mixture. Cut one passion fruit in half and pass the pulp through a fine sieve into the cream cheese mixture, thoroughly stirring to incorporate.
7. Spoon the mixture on top of the chilled biscuit base, smoothing the top flat with the back of a damp tablespoon or offset spatula. Cover and chill for 6 hours, preferably overnight.
8. When ready to serve, turn out the tart. Cut the two remaining passion fruit in half and scrape out the pulp and seeds on top of the tart before slicing and serving.
For more everyday inspiration, updates on the latest trends and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
6 hours 40 minutes
- 250 g | 1 3/4 cups chocolate biscuits, crushed
- 100 g | 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 675 g | 3 cups cream cheese, full-fat
- 225 g | 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 350 ml double cream
- 3 passion fruit, divided