1. Combine the vinegar, sugar and honeycomb. Place over a low heat and bring it to a simmer.
2. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes until reduced by about half. Set aside to cool.
3. Slice tomatoes into different shapes and sizes. Transfer to a large platter, season generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently to combine.
4. Brush the bread with olive oil and grill on both sides until lightly charred. Slice the garlic clove in half and rub the surface of the bread with the cut side of the garlic.
5. Tear the mozzarella into pieces and place on top of the tomatoes. Scatter over the herbs. Roughly chop the bread and arrange around the cheese.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and the balsamic reduction.
- 200ml balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 50g honeycomb
- 500g mixed heirloom tomatoes (black russian, green zebra, yellow tear drops, pink ladies, etc.)
- Salt and pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 300g (2) Buffalo mozzarella
- Basil levaes
- Tarragon leaves