For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 20ml olive oil
- 1 head fennel diced
- 1 onion peel diced
- 1 leek clean, peel and diced
- 2 large oxheart tomato seedless, peel
- 5 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 orange zested
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1/2 hot chilli seedless
- 300ml cava sparkling Freixenet
- 500ml fish stock
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs Taragon, leaves only
- 500g black mussels cleaned alive (closed)
- 6 large king prawns
- 1 large calamari cleaned and scored cut in square
- 500g diamond clams cloudy bay
- 200g flathead, diced
- 100ml extra light olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Pinch Cajun
- 2 saffron threads
- Squeeze lemon
- 1 egg, cold
- 1 potato, peel, boil, mash
- salt and pepper
- Toasted sourdough spread with rouille
In a large saucepan sautee onion, fennel, leek, tomato, garlic, orange zest, saffron and chilli on medium heat for 10 minutes until soft
Increase heat and deglaze with Freixenet and cook for a further 10 minutes to cook alcohol off. Add fish stock and bring to the boil.
Add mussels, prawns, calamari and clams cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, add fish, tarragon and chives and allow to stand for a couple of minutes before serving.
To make Rouille, using a stick blender add olive oil, garlic, cajun, lemon and egg, mix together on high speed and don’t stop until it emulsifies. You need to do this in one go otherwise it will split. Once set fold boiled potato through with a fork and season.
Want to try out more of Miguel's recipes?
Harrissa lamb and baba ganoush
Churros con chocolate
Chorizo and beef empanadas