We know that sweet treats tend to get a bad rep in the health world. This is why we love making our own snacks and desserts, but packing them with ingredients that will fuel your body from within. These coconut and almond cookies will do exactly that! They’re completely refined sugar-free, making them great snacks for kid’s birthday parties, afternoon teas, movie nights, and more.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (180 fan) | 400°F | gas 6 and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Mix the millet flour, ground almonds, cardamom, bicarbonate of soda and lemon zest in a bowl. Reserve the bigger pieces of chopped almond for the top of the biscuits and stir in the rest.
3. Stir 1 tsp of lemon juice into the coconut oil and syrup, then stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients to form a dough. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into sixteen balls, then flatten them onto the baking tray, ensuring they are well-spaced. Dot the tops with the reserved almond pieces.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and leave to cool before serving.
Can be frozen.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
Prep and cook time: 30 min | Baking time: 15 min | Total time: 45 min
- 75 g | 1/2 cup millet flour
- 100 g | 1 cup ground almonds
- 50 g | 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest finely grated
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar-free maple flavour syrup