Side dishes, the unsung heroes of the dinner table. Make mealtime fun and healthy with this tasty side of BBQ broccolini with crème fraîche. Topped with crunchy flaked almonds and chilli flakes, for extra crunch a flavour punch.
1. Prepare a barbecue or griddle pan for cooking over a medium-high heat.
2. Drizzle the broccoli with oil and season with salt and pepper, then cook on the barbecue for 8 minutes or until tender and nicely charred in places, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, mix the crème fraiche with the garlic, the juice from half the lemon and a big pinch of salt.
4. Divide the crème fraiche mixture between four plates and swirl with the back of the spoon. Arrange the broccoli on top, then scatter over the almonds, chilli flakes and lemon zest. Season with a little more salt and some freshly ground black pepper, then serve with the lemon wedges on the side.
This information has been provided by our Stockland retailers. All reasonable care has been taken to ensure that the information is correct at the time of the content going live. However, no warranty is given as to the accuracy of that information. The information may change from time to time without notice. Stocks are limited and only available while stocks last with individual retailers. Products may vary from location to location. Prices may also change without notice. Please contact our retailers for more information.
- 400 g tenderstem broccoli; or broccolini, ends trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil; plus extra to drizzle
- 300 g creme fraiche
- 1 clove garlic; crushed
- 1 lemon; half cut into wedges; half juiced and zest finely pared
- 30 g flaked almonds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes