Quick and ever-so-easy to throw together, these stuffed mushrooms are a crowd pleaser for sure. Grilled with flavourful tomatoes, basil and garlic, you’ll be creating these at every chance you get.
1. Heat 1.5 tbsp of olive oil in a saute pan set over a moderate heat. Add the garlic, cook for 30 seconds, and then add the diced red pepper and chopped tomatoes.
2. Bring to a simmer and then stir in the chopped basil. Reduce the heat slightly and cook steadily until slightly thickened, 4-5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Preheat the grill to hot. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and brush with the remaining oil. Season with salt and pepper before grilling for 4-5 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. Remove from the grill and fill with the tomato mixture. Garnish with a basil leaf before serving.
For more everyday inspiration and exclusive offers, register now as a Stockland Member
to receive monthly updates, latest news and exclusive events from your local Stockland Shopping Centre.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 300 g | 1 1/2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp basil leaves, chopped, plus 4 extra leaves to garnish
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- freshly ground black pepper
20 Quick Dinner Ideas Making Midweek Easy
Artichoke and Tomato Linguine
Asparagus with Egg
Bruschetta with Feta
Calamari and Bean Salad
Chicken Liver Pate
Cold Baby Marrow Soup
Easy Fish Pie
Fettuccine with Basil
Penne with Chorizo
Polenta with Chicken Breasts
Roast Pork Flank
Salad with Carpaccio
Spaghetti with Rocket